cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Part Annotations from creo2 to 3D PDF

jp-2
1-Newbie

Part Annotations from creo2 to 3D PDF

Hi,

I'm moving from traditional 2D drawing process to MBD.

One of the concern raised by my supplier is to have the 3D PDF with all the dimensions and other annotation in it.

When Converting a part to 3D pdf from Creo2 of a particular object.

Not all the annotations are exported (even after ticking the annotations) while saving the 3D pdf.

Please advice me if you have any suggestions.

Thanks and regards,

Jag-san

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
llie
16-Pearl
(To:jp-2)

Jag-san,

Hopefully you are attending PTC Live in June. PTC has already said that they are not supporting 3D PDF's and are opening their code to the companies that will be pursuing the 3D PDF realm.

One great company to look at is Anark. We are implementing them for our 3D PDF's for vendors, customers, and model based work instructions.

Lance

ft-2
1-Newbie
(To:jp-2)

Hi,

With CrossManager, you can convert Creo files to 3DPDF (details here). It supports dimensions and annotations.

You can try the software to see if you get more annotations than the Creo export. You can create an account on the website to request a trial version.

Top Tags