cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

How to insert revision triangle in a drawing for Creo 2.0?

cfiebig
2-Guest

How to insert revision triangle in a drawing for Creo 2.0?

I would like to insert a revision triangle in a drawing pointing to a change on a part. I believe I need to use a symbol but my installation does not seem to have any symbols included with it.

Does anyone know the best what to insert a revision triangle? or where I can get a revision triangle from?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

It is easiest to take a known symbol and modify it for your purposes since there will already be many options for attachments and information pre-defined where all you need to do is change the graphics.

A very simple symbol to modify is the surface finish symbol.

I am not saying that making symbols is easy... on the contrary. You need a bit of understanding of how to edit and save symbols, and even how to reliably retrieve them. Just don't bury them in the file structure where Creo is installed or you might loose them in the next version update.

Tell me what size you want the symbol and I can see if I can make one for you. Can I assume an inscribed balloon tangent to the triangle would be a good start? Are you manually entering the affected revision or do you need it to pick up a parameter?

Thank you for your reply. I had an old coworker of mine send me some old symbols so I can start there.

Very good. Let us know if you need further help.

Top Tags