cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

How to use/validate Advanced Framework licence?

ChantalGagne
1-Newbie

How to use/validate Advanced Framework licence?

Hi,

I'm new administrator and we just buy a new licence : Advanced Framework (floating modules). Also, we are new user with Creo Parametric 2.0. I need to know how to validate this licence, how to use it.

I activated it but I don't see anything change in the menu.

Did somebody can explain me what this licence is suppose to do?

Thank you!

Screen+Shot+07-04-14+at+10.12+AM.PNG

10 REPLIES 10
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:ChantalGagne)

I can't remember but is this one of the application menu items, like piping. Once you add it to the session, you have to go to application tab and select advanced framework to get the menus for it.

Also, I think you use it in an assembly, so if you are in a part, it won't be an option.

I never used advanced framework but I saw it in a demo some time back. I just don't remember any specifics.

Thank Stephen,

But I try to look in application tab, I didn't see anything. I try it for both parts and assembly.

Screen+Shot+07-04-14+at+10.23+AM.PNG

Screen+Shot+07-04-14+at+10.22+AM.PNG

Chantal,

Set config option afx_enabled as yes, relaunch Creo.

In assembly mode, you will get a tab for Framework

Thank Mahesh,

It seem to be better. Maybe I have an other problem because when I restart Creo I had this window : EFX failed to load.

Screen+Shot+07-04-14+at+11.32+AM.PNG

It is normal that I need to check the box everytime for Advanced Framework in the Floating modules? It is suppose to be a floating module? or a licence that I need to configure with reconfigure.exe?

Thank you!

Chantal,

As Martin mentioned you can add license feature 213 in PSF file or execute reconfigure.exe > Customize > Command Configuration > Edit > Move "Advance_feamework" license to right.

In addition to that make sure AFX is installed, (efx folder needs to be available in Install location\Creo 2.0\Common files\<Datecode>\), if it is not available, you need to isntall Creo 2.0 with AFX checked (to be installed).

AFX.jpg

Chantal,

if you do not add 213 code into psf file, then AFX Lite is started (with limited functionality).

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Chantal,

did you buy AFX from PTC or from B&W software GmbH ?

I guess that you bought it from PTC.

In this case you have to know that AFX is not a floating option, it is an extension.

Check your license file, if it contains a block similar to the following one:

#################### Extension ###########################

# Serviceable = Advanced Framework Extension

# Feature Name = 213

# Feature Version = 33.0

# Number of Copies = 1

# Expiration Date = permanent

# Module = Advanced Framework

INCREMENT 213 ptc_d 33.0 permanent 1 AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA \

VENDOR_STRING="VSVER=2.0 STARTUP LO=()" SUPERSEDE \

ISSUER=PTC-WEB-LPR ISSUED=06-feb-2014 \

NOTICE="customer identification" \

SIGN2="AAAA AAAA AAAA AAAA AAAA AAAA AAAA AAAA AAAA \

AAAA AAAA AAAA AAAA AAAA AAAA AAAA AAAA AAAA AAAA \

AAAA AAAA AAAA AAAA AAAA AAAA AAAA AAAA AAAA AAAA \

AAAA"

If you want to use this extension, then you have to attach its code to a Creo license inside psf file.

Go to CREO2_loadpoint\Creo 2.0\Parametric\bin directory and open your psf file (default file name is parametric.psf).

Inside this file go to the following line and add 213 code into it.

ENV=CREOPMA_FEATURE_NAME=PROE_FoundationAdv (213)

If you need additional information, please let know.

BTW, you have to fulfil two other conditions:

• during installation you do not have to uncheck AFX module (after you click Customize button)
  • you config.pro file must contain AFX_ENABLED yes

Good luck

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Welcome to the wonderful world of PTC confusion:

you can float an EFX licence but it needs to be checked out by the user when they start creo. you need to create comand configurations to do this.

So fire up your installation or run the reconfigure, go to the applications screen in the installation assistant on that page there is the customize button, click it.

under the application custom settings go to the command configuration tab, this is where you create your startup configurations,

Note: to my knowledge you have to do this on ever machine individually... small number of users here so it has not been an issue for us.

Click add, give your configuration a name and give it a discription, its the discription you will see on creo start up, then what you do is move the licences you want from the avalible column to the startup extentions and floating options just hit the over arrow. once you have your configurations setup you finish your installation.

then fire up creo you should get a box that pops up on start that says what configuration do you want to run, select the one with EFX in it and then you go to the applications tab and click frame work and your in.

I hope that is somewhat clear.... you do the same thing for any of the "floating" modules

Cheers

Graham

Graham,

if installations on your machines are identical, then you do not have to reconfigure every installation. You can prepare psf files on first machine and then simply copy them on other ones.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Martin,

Thank you for that bit I was unaware of the psf files, that will make further rollouts a lot simpler.... learn something every day.

For Chantal,

I would would think that using the installation tool to create them initally would be the simplist just as mentioned trying to float them would mean you need one configuration with EFX in it and one without..... our case here we have 1 for EFX, 1 for Piping/cabling, 1 with just Creo, and 1 with everything enabled.

otherwise if its just in the main configuration that will mean that enough seats of EFX are required for every user. by having the seperate configurations allows for the "float" of licences.

Cheers

Graham

Top Tags