cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

How to writea Mapkey for loading another Mapkey

PI_6131154
8-Gravel

How to writea Mapkey for loading another Mapkey

Hello!

I need help for the WRITING of Mapkey to load (import) another mapkey.

Of course I can record a Mapkey for this, but the content is to big (I think).

Im sure, there is more slim way for this.

Actually I wish just to import a mapkey without to open a window, browse and select the file and close the window.

How looks it?

Thank you!

www.pi-engineering.at
2 REPLIES 2
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:PI_6131154)

You may want to review this thread:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/System-Administration/Mapkey-Writing-Editing-Tips/td-p/443729

If you are asking how to call one mapkey from another the second mapkey is simply proceeded with a % character

!====================================================
!== Mapkey to call another Mapkey "abc" (mcm)==
!=====================================================
mapkey mcm @MAPKEY_LABELThis mapkey calls another mapkey;\
mapkey(continued) ~%abc;

If you are asking how to load in a mapkey from a config.pro file into session then you record one clicking File-> Options -> Configuration Editor -> Import/Export -> Import configuration file

The mapkey will change depending on what version of Creo you are using but it will look generally like this:

mapkey(continued) ~ Select `main_dlg_cur` `appl_casc`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Close `main_dlg_cur` `appl_casc`;~ Command `ProCmdRibbonOptionsDlg` ;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Select `ribbon_options_dialog` `PageSwitcherPageList` 1 `ConfigLayout`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Select `ribbon_options_dialog` `ConfigLayout.ImportExportBtn`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Close `ribbon_options_dialog` `ConfigLayout.ImportExportBtn`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `ribbon_options_dialog` `ConfigLayout.Open`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Trail `UI Desktop` `UI Desktop` `DLG_PREVIEW_POST` `file_open`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `file_open` `file_open`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Update `file_open` `Inputname` `C:\\folder\\config.pro`;\

Thank you!

www.pi-engineering.at
Top Tags