cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

I have installed Creo on a Windows 7 Professional (64 bit) machine and the download & install appears successful but Creo Direct 3.0 M070 will not run. Firewalls are disabled and all the Creo programmes are allowed to access the internet. Any ideas greatf

cmawer
1-Newbie

I have installed Creo on a Windows 7 Professional (64 bit) machine and the download & install appears successful but Creo Direct 3.0 M070 will not run. Firewalls are disabled and all the Creo programmes are allowed to access the internet. Any ideas greatf

I have installed Creo on a Windows 7 Professional (64 bit) machine and the download & install appears successful but Creo Direct 3.0 M070 will not run. Firewalls are disabled and all the Creo programmes are allowed to access the internet. Any ideas greatfully received as I'm not a computer whiz. Thanks. Chris.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Hi Chris,

Welcome to PTC Community; you will find there is incredible knowledge within.

As a best practice moving forward, please do not ask your question within the title; rather make it a short summary and use the body for the details.

I am sure you will be seeing some follow-up questions and a solution soon.

Best,

Toby

Hi Chris,

What happens when you double-click on the icon to launch Creo Direct?  Are there any kind of error messages displayed?  Please see if a std.out and/or std.err file has been created and what is stated in these files.

Also, do you have a license for Creo Direct or is your license for Creo Parametric?

Amit

Hi Amit,

I followed the PTC installation guide, put in the code the guide said to use and then installed the licence a per instructed. I didn't even change what elements of Creo were installed because I wanted to make sure that I hadn't deviated from the standard install. I assumed that the licence (although it's a student licence) would work as it was all downloaded at the same time as the software.

When I double click on the Direct icon I get the hour glass briefly but then no error message or any other action. The same happens if I try the application file in the /bin directory. I have also tried right clicking and running as administrator. I then get the 'Do you want to allow Creo to make changes to this computer' box and when I click 'yes' the box disappears and then nothing else happens.

This is the text from the std.out file..... there was no err.out file.

generate UI traceback and exit

Generating automatic traceback in C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 3.0\M070\Direct\bin\traceback.log...

generate plain traceback and exit

If it helps I can copied the text from the e-mail licence that was sent automatically?

Many thanks,

Chris.

Hi Chris,

The issue appears to be installation related, and unfortunately I don't have much knowledge regarding the installation part of it.  I did find some other information regarding the Student Edition.  Please see below:

There is a separate dedicated team for student edition, please see the below information:

Download on the WEB: PTC Academic Program > Download PTC Creo Student Edition

1. Select one of the options

2. Finish required form, click Submit3. Download Installation Instructions which contains download URL and installation guide4. Download and install student edition base on guidance in Installation Instructions Contact Support

Top Tags