cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Intralink 3.4 - Skeleton not included in 'Required' objects

JWayman
1-Newbie

Intralink 3.4 - Skeleton not included in 'Required' objects

Hello,
I have a user who has modelled an assembly based on a skeleton. He has used 'publish geometry' in the skeleton and 'insert copy geometry' in the target part. When he came to promote the assembly to released I intralink, he sent an RTP form to the approver, with the objects list filled based on the 'required' menu pick.
The skeleton did not appear in the list of objects to be promoted to released.
I am almost certain that I have seen the skeleton appear in the list in other assemblies I have worked on.
Is there some kind of setting in preferences that makes Intralink either look for skeletons or not look for them?
When he checks out the assembly, again with 'required' as the criterion, the skeleton is not checked out, but, as soon as he tries to edit one of the features based on the copy geometry from the skeleton, he is prompted to confirm checkout of the skeleton.

What are we missing here?

WF4, M220, Ilink 3.4, M060

Cheers,

John

formation contained in this e-mail. Such unauthorised use may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail in error, please inform us immediately on +44 (0) 1963 370551 and delete it and all copies from your system.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
RandyJones
19-Tanzanite
(To:JWayman)

On 07/17/14 08:54, WAYMAN John wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I have a user who has modelled an assembly based on a skeleton. He has used 'publish geometry' in
> the skeleton and 'insert copy geometry' in the target part. When he came to promote the assembly
> to released I intralink, he sent an RTP form to the approver, with the objects list filled based
> on the 'required' menu pick.
>
> The skeleton did not appear in the list of objects to be promoted to released.
>
> I am almost certain that I have seen the skeleton appear in the list in other assemblies I have
> worked on.
>
> Is there some kind of setting in preferences that makes Intralink either look for skeletons or not
> look for them?
>
> When he checks out the assembly, again with 'required' as the criterion, the skeleton is not
> checked out, but, as soon as he tries to edit one of the features based on the copy geometry from
> the skeleton, he is prompted to confirm checkout of the skeleton.
>
> What are we missing here?
>

We haven't been on Intralink 3.x since 2010 (migrated to PDMLink) so I am not sure I am remembering
correctly however doesn't Intralink 3.x have an "All" for the selected objects?

* None
  * Required
  * All

> WF4, M220, Ilink 3.4, M060
>
> Cheers,
>
> John
>
> ">
>
> /Please consider the environment before printing a hard copy of this email./
>
> The information contained in this e-mail is confidential. It is intended only for the stated
> addressee(s) and access to it by any other person is unauthorised. If you are not an addressee,
> you must not disclose, copy, circulate or in any other way use or rely on the information
> contained in this e-mail. Such unauthorised use may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail
> in error, please inform us immediately on +44 (0) 1963 370551 and delete it and all copies from
> your system.
>
>
> ----------

--
Top Tags