cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Is anyone running Pro/E WF5 on a Windows 7 64-bit system with success?

marcstewart63
1-Newbie

Is anyone running Pro/E WF5 on a Windows 7 64-bit system with success?

Hello Pro/Users,

Our company is getting ready to perform a hardware refresh of our Pro/E workstations. Can anyone give me some guidelines or current specifications for hardware system requirements? I have been looking in the PTC knowledgebase, but haven't actually found what I am looking for with regards to Windows 7 64-bit support. We have many large assembly files and are running into memory issues with our 4-year old HP XP-Pro 32-bit workstations. We want to make sure that what we purchase actually works today but doesn't prevent us from doing our work because of driver issues or support issues. The new systems should be supported by PTC so we don't get into issues with support.

So I have a couple basic questions...

* Is anyone running Pro/E WF 5 on a Windows 7 64-bit system with success? If so, what are the system specifications that work?

* Is Windows 7 even supported by PTC for Pro/E yet? I find Windows Vista information on PTC's site, but can't seem to find much on Windows 7 information.

If anyone has any good recommendations, I would love to here them.

Thanks
BWC
Marc

Because We Care

[cid:image001.png@01CB07E4.B7FEAD10]

Marc Stewart
Senior Design Engineer
Midmark Corporation
60 Vista Drive (Plant A)
Versailles, OH 45380
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Hi Marc:

We are running WF5 on Windows7 64-bit using standard Dell
hardware (Dell Vostro 430 with Intel i7 processor, with a consumer
Nvidia GT240 graphics card) and it runs fine. We are not running
Intralink or Windchill on this machine.

Best regards,
Kelly

I have recently started using Windows 7 and various version of Pro/E.
(WF3/4/5)

Laptop has 6GB ram, i7 processor, 3 x 500 GB hard drives, and an NVIDIA
GTX285 video card.

I got it about 3 weeks ago. So far, so good. I haven't really had a chance
to wring it out thoroughly, though.

I can let you know if I hit any snags, if you like.

-tsl

Marc,

You can get a list of certified and supported hardware for Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 5.0 here:

http://www.ptc.com/WCMS/files/77552/en/proewf5.pdf

Following the list is prudent for the best success.

Regards,

Doug

I just started using Windows 7 Professional x64 3 days ago. I was able to install and run Wildfire 4 x64 and Wildfire 5 x64 with no issues.

The performance on both are great and I will soon run a new OCUS Benchmark to compare my results with my Windows XP x32 workstation that I just replaced.

We are running Dell T3500 Workstations with Quad Xeon 2.93Ghz processors, 1 GB Nvidia Quadro FX 3800, 6GB RAM, 160GB 10RPM Drive and a 22" Widescreen LCD Dell Monitor.

Even with all the eye candy on Windows 7, this machine screams and runs Pro/E with no issues at all.

"Too many people walk around like Clark Kent, because they don't realize they can Fly like Superman"
Top Tags