cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Product View 9.1 Client is it good or I'm wasting my time

ClaudiuCraciun
6-Contributor

Product View 9.1 Client is it good or I'm wasting my time

Hi, I'm trying to use Product View Client 9.1 but seems that is not working properly. I installed all builds and every build came with issues: - Units are not converted properly(in 9.0 worked) - I'm not able to select arc or to dimension radius or dia (in 9.0 worked) - I'm not able to select center or the arc or ends of the arc (in 9.1 up to build M040 worked) Do you have the same issues? Why it's so difficult and need configurations and adaptors in ProE or Product view just to verify some dimensions. There are other programs that are doing this without any configuration. Why Product view is not a good tool or if it's a good one than maybe is difficult to configure
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

We recently started using PV 9.1 here. The guys that are using it like it better then eDrawings. But, we have not gotten in to dimensioning much yet. I do with that it would come standard set to the Pro/E model instead of that wacked out ProductView model for rotating and what not. And I wish that the Pro/E model actually work exactly like Pro/E not a little different like it does.

It is really nice that M050 can open multiple different file formats like native Pro/E files.

This is what I could do without most though.

stopped.jpg

Otherwise PV works really well for design reviews and letting others see what you are doing.

The dynamic cross section is wonderful. They need to get that into Pro/E.

Top Tags