cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Is there a config setting to make placement constraint Coincident the default?

Doug_Fowler
1-Newbie

Is there a config setting to make placement constraint Coincident the default?

Is there a config setting to make Placement constraint Coincident the default as Normal or distance seems to be the current defaults? Taking time to drag a part and orient it prior to placement in a large assembly is not efficient. Most of my assembly constraints tend to be Coincident and rarely (never) Normal.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:Doug_Fowler)

comp_angle_offset_eps 91

comp_normal_offset_eps -1

auto_constr_always_use_offset never

See: Re: Assembly constraints

I found the answer by trying to submit a case for this question, which in retrospect should have been my first step. Turns out a similar case was previously submitted; CS198652. Set the config.pro options:

• comp_angle_offset_eps to 91
  • comp_normal_offset_eps to -1
  • auto_constr_always_use_offset to never

It had been years since I last submitted a case and so I was pleasantly surprised to see the case submittal process has sufficient Artificial Intelligence (AI) search algorithms to bring up possible answers before a new case has to be submitted.

BTW,

Thanks, Tom.

Hello Douglas,

thank you for your feedback!

At PTC Technical Support we have in fact invested some efforts (and money!) during the recent years to enable better self-help.

Comments like yours make us proud and confirm we are going the right direction.

But our recommended "order" of steps would be:

This usually increases the chance to get the answer as fast as possible.

(and of course for questions regarding how to use the functionality, the PTC/Help should come first or maybe at least second)

Regards,

Gunter

Top Tags