cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Issues with the free Academic Download please help me! - Unanswered

ptc-4892694
1-Newbie

Issues with the free Academic Download please help me! - Unanswered

EDIT: I am an idiot. I have since realised that I had to type my license code in at some point. I didn't. I have typed it in and 'installed' a license using the Download Manager. I opened Creo 2.0 and the same error came up, even after restarting! Do I really have to uninstall and redownload?

Hi everyone,

So, i spent two hours waiting on the HTTP academic download link (zip file). But it was unfortunately corrupt.

I tried the smaller Download Manager .exe which downloads from within the program.

Thankfully, I now have the following icons on my desktop:

• Creo Parametric 2.0
  • ModelCHECK
  • Creo Simulate 2.0
  • Thermal
  • Structure
  • Creo Help 2.0

Therefore, I assume the programs downloaded and installed correctly.

However, upon opening Creo Parametric 2.0, I get the following message:

Creo error.png[Click to enlarge]

I assume this is an issue with the license file (if it is there at all).

This also happens when opening Simulate 2.0

This does not occur when opening the ModelCHECK or Help Center.

I also get "Licensing Error 26" upon launching Thermal and Structure

Is anyone able to suggest a solution?

I am only trying to install this as I am fed up with the limited capabilities of the software I currently use - Pro/DESKTOP 8.0

Thanks in advance, Tom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

2 weeks ago I was able to download zip file successfully. Try download it using Download manager link -OR- ask someone who has better Internet connection.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

So found in C:\Program Data\PTC\Licensing that I have a license file left over from my trial version, as well as the student license. I sent the trial license to the recycle bin, but it still didn't work. Any other ideas?

Thanks, Tom

Thomas,

in CR2\Creo 2.0\Parametric\bin directory you can find parametric.psf file, open it in Notepad.

Locate ENV=PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE-= line. Behind equal sign you have to enter the path to your license file.

Locate ENV=CREOPMA_FEATURE_NAME= line. Behind equal sign you have to enter the name of Creo Parametric license. You can find the name in license file behind INCREMENT keyword. It begins with PROE text string.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Hi Thomas,

Try to fill "Academic Support Request", here: http://www.ptc.com/appserver/wcms/forms/index.jsp?&im_dbkey=142574&icg_dbkey=482

Thanks for the fast reply!

Since filing an academic support request (and uninstalling), I was sent a new license file by PTC. Unfortunately, the Installation Assistant now crashes while 'attempting to retrive availible application information'. I have no way of telling whether or not the new license has worked, though.

Is this a common problem?

Thanks, Tom.

Do not use WEB installer, download 4GB full package and install from it.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

The .zip file? It is corrupted... That was the first thing I tried because I always have had issues with web installers like this one!

Thanks.

2 weeks ago I was able to download zip file successfully. Try download it using Download manager link -OR- ask someone who has better Internet connection.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Ok thanks, I will try the download manager.

I also tried the zip file again at my friend's last night (he has fiber optic). But it still didn't work. As much as I love technology, technology does not love me!

Thanks very much!

The download manager took twice as long, but the file then worked.

Thankyou very much!

Tom

Could a moderator please rename the title to 'Answered'? I no longer have an 'edit topic' button. Thanks.

What Windows OS are you using?

Top Tags