cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Lag when moving items

jdavis
1-Newbie

Lag when moving items

I apologize if this isn't in the most appropriate forum, and for my ignorance as I am not a ProE user.

Intermittently, several users are experiencing tremendous delays when dragging dimensions, tables, or even just individuals lines. It will take several seconds for the movement to catch up with all of the input the mouse provided.

The users that suffer from this are using Quadro FX 580 cards on dual extended desktop displays. I have tried both the latest and PTC-certified drivers on the nVidia site. Neither seemed to help.

I noticed that if I disabled the 2nd monitor the problems went away completely. I also noticed that if I configured the desktop to SPAN across the bother monitors (not just extending to the 2nd monitor), then the problems were more-or-less gone. Even when spanning, there are some very minor delays but it is usable.

So, I thought spanning the desktops was the solution; however, ProE would then open every window across both monitors since it's treating it like a single display. Despite my attempts at changing window_scale to attempt to represent 50% of the screen width, it still didn't work. I tried various combinations with the graphics option as well, but no luck.

I feel these are my options to eliminate the lag:

1. Span the desktop across both screens, and figure out how to force ProE to open windows only on 1 monitor
2. Find the proper drivers + video card settings
3. Some combination of unknown ProE config options

If I could only get window_scale to work as I think it should, then I think that would be satisfactory, but I can't figure out what I'm missing.

This is all under a WF4 M100 environment.

Thanks for any help.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

There was a post on the ProE list a few weeks ago that suggested the problem might be caused by the system automatically turning on nView during the second monitor configuration. Disable nView and the problem should go away.

David Haigh
jdavis
1-Newbie
(To:jdavis)

Well, it was partially successful.

Adding the /userva=2900 appeared to help quite a bit, but attempting to move itemson large drawings still generated in a lag. I tried disabling nView, but the problems persisted.

On typical drawings, the movement seems quite a bit better, but on more demanding drawings the lag continues.

Thanks for the help. I'll definitely keep looking for a solution.

Top Tags