cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Layer Strategy, Legacy part clean up

DavidFrancis
1-Newbie

Layer Strategy, Legacy part clean up

Hello, Although I am sure this subject may be covered elsewhere, it is challenging to search through all of the topics and threads, so I thought I would start a new one. I have just started as a ProE admin. and one of our first tasks is to clean up how users are using layers. The following are what I want to do: 1. include a robust yet minimal layer config file and matching start part 2. Determine and implement a policy, process and compliance to make this work 3. develop a batch script that will go back into older parts and move features onto the appropriate layers (as defined in the new schema) I do have ModelCHECK and ProBATCH if either or both of these can be leveraged? Thanks so much for any and all lfeedback, David
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Hi David, Our group does this with model check. As an end user it is a few clicks for me to clean up most models. Standard layers and parameters are added/renamed to the model, non standard layers are deleted, features are moved to appropriate layers, layers are set to hide or unhide. Model check does a nice job on most models. I was not involved in the setup so I can not help much with that. I suggest getting the end users involved if you can, maybe set up a simple routine to show what can be accomplished and get their input. There is a lot of information in the help topic collection for model check. Best regards-

Hello David, you could use extend layers - create a dummy asm with a set of rule based layers. - delete all layers from your out of standard asm and prts - assemble them in your dummy asm - mark all layers in your dummy.asm - extend layers - Your rule based layers are applied to all components greets Reinhard
Top Tags