cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

List Digest, Jan 10, 2014

BarrySchaeffer
1-Newbie

List Digest, Jan 10, 2014

Gurus,

Some replies to this question have suggested that I use the rename_drawings_with_object.

We have had this config option for many years. I am asking because our want to use its functionality. But the source model and drawing must have the same name before this functionality can be used.

This is why I am asking if there is a way to help overwhelmed designers to ensure that the default behavior of ProE is to assign the model’s name to the drawing.

Barry

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

If you are using a 'start part', isn't there also an option to create a drawing at the same time? I believe that the template drawing and template part must have the same name. I know that if choose not to use the default template, I do get an option to 'copy associated drawings' when I select my start part during new part creation.

Christopher F. Gosnell

FPD Company
124 Hidden Valley Road
McMurray, PA 15317
Top Tags