cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Mapkey failing - No palette found for command

cadcam
12-Amethyst

Mapkey failing - No palette found for command

I have a mapkey which is failing at odd times with the following error

m error: Invalid trail file line : No palette found for command 'ProCmdViewShow' in context 'context_main_dlg_w1'.

I had been using it to toggle hide/show off a feature. It seems to work for a time and then start to fail with the above error. It was originally written for Creo 3 but the map key then started to result in Creo 4 crashing. I have reformatted the mapkey several times and the best I can now do is arrange for the functionality to work almost consistently with individual mapkeys and but fail quite regularly when put into a standard toggle version.

The visual effect is that the feature [in a hidden] state will not show. Currently I haven't seen the situation where the corresponding  'ProCmdViewHide' command fails.

I see another user had a similar error in WF4, but there didn't seem to be any solution apart from switching off the error notification.   Has anyone seen similar errors and is there a simple solution which I am overlooking?

Currently working on Creo4 M020 - Academic License - Windows 7 - I3 - 8GB - NVidia GT520

Very Many Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
cadcam
12-Amethyst
(To:cadcam)

The visual effect is that the feature [in a hidden] state will not show. Currently I haven't seen the situation where the corresponding  'ProCmdViewHide' command fails.

Correction, trying to find any hints I have now had a case where I get the error

Mapkey error: Invalid trail file line : No palette found for command 'ProCmdViewHide' in context 'context_main_dlg_w1'.

e.g. the other way around.

Still can't see what is causing the problem/error/'feature'

regards

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:cadcam)

Maybe share you're mapkey.

cadcam
12-Amethyst
(To:StephenW)

Please see below: Map key used to toggle a feature in the model tree. In this case a SYS named COG (feature #id 103)  which is in our start part

Mapkeys pio1 and pio2 are the standalone versions used for testing and eg (Environment coG) is used to toggle the rewritten keys .ecog and .xcog. They are the basic mapkeys on the standard toggling code we use)

Many Thanks

mapkey pio1 ~ Command `ProCmdMdlTreeSearch` ;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Open `selspecdlg0` `SelOptionRadio`;~ Close `selspecdlg0` `SelOptionRadio`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Select `selspecdlg0` `SelOptionRadio` 1 `Coord Sys`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Update `selspecdlg0` `ExtRulesLayout.ExtBasicNameLayout.BasicNameList` \
mapkey(continued) `COG`;~ Activate `selspecdlg0` `EvaluateBtn`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `selspecdlg0` `ApplyBtn`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Select `selspecdlg0` `SelectedItemsList` 1 `103:56:`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `selspecdlg0` `CancelButton`;~ Command `ProCmdViewShow`;

mapkey pio2 ~ Command `ProCmdMdlTreeSearch` ;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Open `selspecdlg0` `SelOptionRadio`;~ Close `selspecdlg0` `SelOptionRadio`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Update `selspecdlg0` `ExtRulesLayout.ExtBasicNameLayout.BasicNameList` \
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `selspecdlg0` `CancelButton`;~ Command `ProCmdViewHide`;
! Toggle CoG
!
mapkey eg  @MAPKEY_NAMEtoggle visibility COG;@MAPKEY_LABELview COG ... [eg];%.ecog
!
mapkey .ecog ~ Command `ProCmdMdlTreeSearch` ;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `selspecdlg0` `CancelButton`;~ Command `ProCmdViewShow`;~ Command `ProCmdViewShow`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Command `ProCmdRibbonOptionsDlg` ;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Select `ribbon_options_dialog` `PageSwitcherPageList` 1 `ConfigLayout`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `ribbon_options_dialog` `ConfigLayout.AddOpt`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Input `add_opt` `InputOpt` `mapkey`; ~ Update `add_opt` `InputOpt` `mapkey`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `add_opt` `InputOpt`;~ FocusOut `add_opt` `InputOpt`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Update `add_opt` `EditPanel` `eg %.xcog`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `add_opt` `EditPanel`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `ribbon_options_dialog` `OkPshBtn`;
!
mapkey .xcog ~ Command `ProCmdMdlTreeSearch` ;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `selspecdlg0` `CancelButton`;~ Command `ProCmdViewHide`;
mapkey(continued) ~ Command `ProCmdRibbonOptionsDlg` ;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Select `ribbon_options_dialog` `PageSwitcherPageList` 1 `ConfigLayout`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `ribbon_options_dialog` `ConfigLayout.AddOpt`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Input `add_opt` `InputOpt` `mapkey`; ~ Update `add_opt` `InputOpt` `mapkey`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `add_opt` `InputOpt`;~ FocusOut `add_opt` `InputOpt`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Update `add_opt` `EditPanel` `eg %.ecog`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `add_opt` `EditPanel`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `ribbon_options_dialog` `OkPshBtn`;

Top Tags