cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Mapkey for materials - "set as master" issue

Chris3
20-Turquoise

Mapkey for materials - "set as master" issue

This is for Creo 7. We have mapkeys tied to buttons in the GUI that allow users to very quickly pick some of our more common materials.

They work great the first time but one of the issues is the "set as master". If a user clicks on the mapkey a second time however the material changes to be PTC_SYSTEM_MTRL_PROPS. It appears that everytime you invoke "set as master"

mapkey(continued) ~ PopupOver `finder` `listPopup` 1 `FFileListPHLay.Filelist`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Open `finder` `listPopup`;~ Close `finder` `listPopup`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `finder` `FAddPushLib`;

it toggles  between the material you meant to assign and the PTC system material.

Anyone figured out a way around this so it doesn't toggle the PTC system material? Obviously training is an option. I could tell users to put the material in a tree column or just to pull up the assign material dialog box and check before pushing the button but the goal here is to make their lives easier with less clicks.

Full mapkey:

mapkey matABC @MAPKEY_NAMEAssign ABC as the material;@MAPKEY_LABELABC;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `main_dlg_cur` `page_Model_control_btn` 1;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Close `main_dlg_cur` `appl_casc`;~ Command `ProCmdMmModelProperties` ;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `mdlprops_dlg` `MATERIAL_lay_Controls.push_Change.lay_instance`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Input `finder` `opt_EMBED_BROWSER_TB_SAB_LAYOUT` \
mapkey(continued) `A:\\FolderPath\\ABC.mtl`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Update `finder` `opt_EMBED_BROWSER_TB_SAB_LAYOUT` \
mapkey(continued) `A:\\FolderPath\\ABC.mtl`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `finder` `opt_EMBED_BROWSER_TB_SAB_LAYOUT`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ RButtonArm `finder` `FFileListPHLay.Filelist` `ABC.mtl`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ PopupOver `finder` `listPopup` 1 `FFileListPHLay.Filelist`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Open `finder` `listPopup`;~ Close `finder` `listPopup`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `finder` `FAssignPushLib`;~ Activate `UI Message Dialog` `ok`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `UI Message Dialog` `ok`;~ Activate `UI Message Dialog` `no`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `finder` `FOkPush`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `mdlprops_dlg` `DlgClose_push`;

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:Chris3)

I figured out my solution just after posting this. Go figure. The solution is to set it to the start part material (black hole) first as a placeholder and then when the "master" material is something else to set it back (or set it for the first time) to the material that was intended.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:Chris3)

I figured out my solution just after posting this. Go figure. The solution is to set it to the start part material (black hole) first as a placeholder and then when the "master" material is something else to set it back (or set it for the first time) to the material that was intended.

Top Tags