cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Mapkeys

cjonkman
1-Newbie

Mapkeys

Has anyone encountered the problem that if Creo 3.0 crashes you lose all the mapkeys from your config.pro file? I've had this happen twice now.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

No, but that's what it may look like. Why do you think they are not there anymore? How did they get there to begin with?

Hello David,

Thank you for your reply.

How do I know they are not there anymore?

After the crash when I start Creo again and try to use my mapkeys they don't work. When I then look in my config.pro file where they are normally listed they are not there anymore. The comments we have added are still there but the mapkey sequences are gone.

How do they get there? When I record the mapkeys and save them from what I see they get saved in my config.pro file.

Cope

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:cjonkman)

Double check to make sure that you don't have multiple config.pro (s) and that they mistakenly got save to a different config.pro.

You can also check the date of the config.pro to see if it corresponds to the date you created the mapkeys.

Did you make back up config files when you added the mapkeys? I usually name the "old ones" config.pro.date (i.e. config.pro.20150316).

I have done that. Only one config.pro. Like I said, it doesn't delete the mapkey comments - only all the mapkey commands. I've had a few crazy things happen with Creo. I haven't recorded the other things that happened but will do so in the future. Everytime I make changes to my config.pro I now am backing it up.

There are a few possibilities:

1) Some unrelated process is over-writing your config.pro. It may also be over-writing other files, crashing Creo.

2) It's a severe bug - what version/release? This is a problem PTC will have to resolve

3) You are looking at a different config.pro file. You should open the config.pro file(s) using Notepad or another text editor.

Where's that FAQ on config.pro files?

I typically create a mapkey.txt file and keep mapkeys there. It makes it easier to manage and should avoid the problems shown above. There is only one mapkey in the config.pro file, and that loads the mapkey.txt file, which I can do manually if required.

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: PTC Control Center and Creo+ Portal

Top Tags