So the problem was the user would right-click on objects in the Reference Viewer and not get the menu commands to show.
PTC replied with a request that we update video card drivers. I did that along with a bunch of other things (see below) and the problem remained.
HOWEVER - I just started playing with all the controls on the Reference Viewer and discovered that if you shrink the window so that scroll bars appear in the reference viewer, and use the scroll bars to lower or raise the viewer, then the right-click menu will appear (see attached image).
Weird. But it works.
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. For future ref, here's the list of my notes:
- updated build from M190 to M220
- removed config.pro & config.win files
- started ProE in vanilla mode (no configs, start dir, start parts, etc.)
- rolled back video driver (reinstalled current after testing failed)
o previous = nvidia quadro fx 580 9/12/2009 184.108.40.20600
o current = nvidia quadro fx 580 12/4/2009 220.127.116.1175
- performed same test successfully on different users system; same model system w/same video card & driver
- rebooted system
- checked mouse button settings
- set config.pro to graphics = win32_gdi
- logged in as a different user
- set Windows display theme to Windows Classic
- happens with all asms & drws
- updated video driver from Dell's website
Happy Friday, -Ter
Terrence McFall CAD Systems Administrator
Varian Medical Systems 911 Hansen Way Palo Alto, CA 94304 650-424-6039 desk 650-799-0179 cell