cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

ModelCheck 101 - turn off Datums?

pcnelson
1-Newbie

ModelCheck 101 - turn off Datums?

Hello, we've recently implemented ModelCheck and I have read and searched the ModelCheck Help Topic Collection, but I have had no luck with my basic question. How do I check the display of Datums to make sure they are turned off? I can use the Display Planes No config option to open with datums turned off.But how can I prevent users from checking in drawings and parts with the datums turned back on? All datums are on specific layers by rule, so I think hiding a layer could be anoption if there is not a way to turn off datums. Thanks.

Creo Elements/Pro 5.0 M130

Windchill PDMLink 10.0 M020

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

The display (or not) of datums is an environment setting, not specific to individual files.

If you want drawings to stop showing datums and want to check that with ModelCheck, you're on the right track with layers. They are file specific and their status can be checked with ModelCheck and hidden.

Here is the typical layout for this, found in the *.mcs file:

PRT_LAYER DATUM_PLANES BLANK DATUM_PLANES

(Config_name Layer_name Status Features)

You'll also have to go into your *.mch file and make sure LAYER_DTM_BLANK (I think) is set to Warning or Error. There are several settings that can control quite a few things about layer, including contents, blank/unblank, rename layers, etc.

In Reply to pete nelson:

Hello, we've recently implemented ModelCheck and I have read and searched the ModelCheck Help Topic Collection, but I have had no luck with my basic question. How do I check the display of Datums to make sure they are turned off? I can use the Display Planes No config option to open with datums turned off.But how can I prevent users from checking in drawings and parts with the datums turned back on? All datums are on specific layers by rule, so I think hiding a layer could be anoption if there is not a way to turn off datums. Thanks.

Creo Elements/Pro 5.0 M130

Windchill PDMLink 10.0 M020

Top Tags