cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

NVidia OpenGL Driver

ptc-5160363
1-Newbie

NVidia OpenGL Driver

Two of our users with the same exact machines are getting the error below when trying to print within Creo view 1.0 to a Xerox wide format printer.

"Your hardware configuration does not meet minimum specifications needed to run the application The application must close."

They said it only stated happening recently. Printing works fine if they use other application such as Adobe. Please help! - Thank you

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

What makes you think it is an NVidia driver issue?

I am assuming it's a driver issue because I tested it on 3 identical machine and gave me the same error. I also tested replacing the video card (Quadro 2000) with a different NVidia card (Quadro FX 1700) and it worked just fine.

Ah... very good. Have you tried downgrading your video driver for the Quadro 2000?

Video drivers and PTC simply don't get along. I am not sure where the core of Creo View comes from, but if it is written on similar code to Creo Parametric (Pro|E) then it comes from UNIX. I have had nothing but trouble with Pro|E and graphics drivers over the many years.

Recently, I found that the NVidia drivers from their site don't work. I have a Dell laptop and I could not update the drivers until Dell published them. Things were simply too unstable with the NVidia drivers. I have the Mobile Quadro 3000M in my Dell Precision.

You might also try a different printer driver, but I suspect that is not the problem. It is something with Creo View that is crashing when it prepares the print file. If you have maintenance with PTC, I suggest creating a customer support case. If you don't have access to this function, you might talk with your IT person to initiate the case.

Welcome to the forum, Sherwin. I hope you can get this resolved.

Yes, I have downloaded the most current driver off NVidia site as well as updated machine bios and still getting the same error.

Other printers work just fine because most muti-function machines can only print up to 11X17. We are using a Xerox Wide format to print 17X22 sizes and sometime bigger.

I think I'm ready to call PTC and open a case with them.

Thank you, Antonius.

Top Tags