cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The community will undergo maintenance on October 16th at 10:00 PM PDT and will be unavailable for up to one hour.

Negative Numbers Regenerate Opposite Direction

NEALROSENBLUM
1-Newbie

Negative Numbers Regenerate Opposite Direction

All,

I currently have a family table showing a component in several different positions. In one case, the component is in the POSITIVE direction with respect to a datum plane. In another case, the component is in theNEGATIVE direction with respect to the same datum plane.

Everytime I verify the family table, the instance where the component is located in the NEGATIVE direction flips to the other side.

This is becoming quite frustrating.

I think that there is an option in CONFIG.PRO that deals with NEGATIVE numbers, but I cannot find this option. Any suggestions????

I am using Wildfire 5.0, M060.

TIA.

Sincerely,
Neal Rosenblum
Geometrix Engineering, Inc.
201 N. 13th Avenue
Hollywood, FL 33019
Ph: 954-920-2049
Fax: 954-920-9574
Cell: 954-649-9399
neal@

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Hi Neal,

I think this is what you are looking for:

https://www.ptc.com/appserver/wcms/standards/ssl/freefull_cskdb.jsp??icg_dbkey=900&im_dbkey=94714

1. Open the Family Table

2. Select the column with positioning dim

3. Toggle Tools > Absolute / Relative Dimension Values

The column header should have a "$" prefix to indicate an absolute value.

You can also set config.pro option show_dim_sign=yesif you want to displaysigned dimension values.

Hope that clears up the annoyance!

dgallup
4-Participant
(To:NEALROSENBLUM)

When I create a negative I get the attached message. If I pick Convert the column to control absolute value, ProE puts a dollar sing in front of the dimension symbol. You used to have to do this manually.

In Reply to Neal Rosenblum:

All,

I currently have a family table showing a component in several different positions. In one case, the component is in the POSITIVE direction with respect to a datum plane. In another case, the component is in theNEGATIVE direction with respect to the same datum plane.

Everytime I verify the family table, the instance where the component is located in the NEGATIVE direction flips to the other side.

This is becoming quite frustrating.

I think that there is an option in CONFIG.PRO that deals with NEGATIVE numbers, but I cannot find this option. Any suggestions????

I am using Wildfire 5.0, M060.

TIA.

Sincerely,
Neal Rosenblum
Geometrix Engineering, Inc.
201 N. 13th Avenue
Hollywood, FL 33019
Ph: 954-920-2049
Fax: 954-920-9574
Cell: 954-649-9399
neal@

PTC quality philosophy: We've upped our quality standards. Up yours.

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: PTC Control Center and Creo+ Portal

Top Tags