cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

New intel chipsets and WF2.0

cncwhiz
1-Newbie

New intel chipsets and WF2.0

I am looking for a laptop. I want a laptop that will run proe/mfg. I will also be running mastercam. I have a core 2 duo at the present time with a quadro card and this system works well. I have seen the new chipsets "i3,i5 & i7" and dont know how they handle proe/mfg. I dont want to break the bank but I don't want a dog either. What platform do I need to run on a laptop?
2 REPLIES 2

I have gotten some feedback on this issue. I still get I am leaning towards processor speed VS amount of cores however; We have a pc running an i7 chipset and he claims that the way that this chipset is built puts the power into the single chip that pro is working in and overclocks it?
dgallup
4-Participant
(To:cncwhiz)

Go to Toms Hardware Guide and read their processor reviews. You will find some real hard data. The i7 cores will overclock one core for a short period of time if the other cores are idle. It's not much of a boost but something. You still want maximum clock speed because Pro/E will be running on just one core for the most part.
Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: PTC Control Center and Creo+ Portal

Top Tags