cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

No REX for 64 bit?

mf2001_98
5-Regular Member

No REX for 64 bit?

Hi all,

How many of you have tried REX with Creo on a 64 bit OS?

Are the point cloud manipulation functions still missing on 64 bit version?

Now that all new machines are 64 bit, we have to install both 32 and 64 bit version of Wf5 for that.

Thanks

Marta

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7

Hi Marta
I can confirm the point cloud import and facet creation is fixed in Creo 1.0 on 64 bit machines.

Regards
Kevin

Hi All,

It has long time since I shared my problem with this forum, which means I was out of ProE for a long time 🙂

Well, now I am working along with intralink 3.4 and Pro-E WF3. I have huge number of parts which are carrying some common name. I would like to change the common names with a prefix "Former". As little as I know is that common name is used only for database managing reasons. But, end user wishes to have common name changed.

Any one of you have came across such situation? If so, kindly let me know whats the method to achieve new name?

Thanks and regards,
KS Jnanesha
Sr. Designer - Rockdrills
Atlas Copco AB

Are you sure?

I cannot confirm this on my Win7 64-bit. I can work only in 2th wrap phase, not with points clouds.

Radovan

In Creo 1.0 F000 and Windows 7 64 bit 100% yes it works, Creo Elements Pro no it doesn't work.

When importing the points you must tick the facet box for it to jump to the facet creation.

Regards
Kevin

Hi,

Should I assume no one has idea about this?

Cheers,
KS Jnanesha

KS Jnanesha,

You can do this through SQL. I think that the table you are after is the
pdm.pdm_productitemversion table and I think there is an entry for
common name.

Regards

Iain

RandyJones
19-Tanzanite
(To:mf2001_98)

On 09/13/11 23:42, mechnix jnanisajjan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Should I assume no one has idea about this?

The "common name" is the picommonname field in the pdm.pdm_productitem oracle table. So to update the common name via sql you could so something like this:
update pdm.pdm_productitem set picommonname = concat('Former ', picommonname);

Obviously you would need to have a "where clause" to this statement if you don't want to change all of the common names.

>
> Cheers,
> KS Jnanesha
>
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> *From:* mechnix jnanisajjan <->
> *To:* "-" <->
> *Sent:* Tuesday, September 13, 2011 12:30 PM
> *Subject:* [proecad] - Changing common name in Intralink Enviornment
>
> Hi All,
>
> It has long time since I shared my problem with this forum, which means I was out of ProE for a long time Smiley Happy
>
> Well, now I am working along with intralink 3.4 and Pro-E WF3. I have huge number of parts which are carrying some common name. I would like to change the common names with a prefix "Former". As
> little as I know is that common name is used only for database managing reasons. But, end user wishes to have common name changed.
>
> Any one of you have came across such situation? If so, kindly let me know whats the method to achieve new name?
>
> Thanks and regards,
> KS Jnanesha
> Sr. Designer - Rockdrills
> Atlas Copco AB
>
> -----End Original Message-----

--
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Randy Jones
Systems Administrator
Great Plains Mfg., Inc.