cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

OFF TOPIC: New PC

agaribay
3-Visitor

OFF TOPIC: New PC

Hey guys.

Just wondering what kind of tweaks I can make to take full advantage of my new PC?
(Wildfire 4.0)

DELL PRECISION T5600
Windows 7, 64 bit
Intel Xeon CPU-E5-2665 0 @2.40GHz
32.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro K5000

Thanks.

-Art

This message (including any attachments) contains

confidential and/or proprietary information intended

only for the addressee. Any unauthorized disclosure,

copying, distribution or reliance on the contents of this

information is strictly prohibited and may constitute a violation

of law. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the

sender immediately by responding to this e-mail, and delete the

message from your system. If you have any questions about this

e-mail please notify the sender immediately.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Don't know....that's a pretty rockin machine.

Second monitor would be all I can think of.

Dell just came out with this new software. I have not tried it yet but will soon. Link is below. Do a search for Dell Precision Performance Optimizer or DPPO. They say they have it dialed in for Creo but who knows. I have not heard of anything of it yet but it is only a week old.

egifford
4-Participant
(To:agaribay)

Resurrecting an old thread, but I'm looking for feedback on the Dell Precision Performance Optimizer mentioned here. We just received a batch of Dell Precision 3610 workstations and they have DPPO installed. It includes aprofile for "PTC Creo 2.0" that can be turned on (see attached screen grab to see what it controls). Has anyone out there done an on / off comparison with the DPPO profile for Creo 2? Was the general impression that it made things better? Worse? No difference? The list of what it adjusts doesn't seem significant, as most of Creo is still not multithreaded, correct?

--we're currently running Wildfire 4 M230 & Windchill PDMLink 10.0 M030,will be moving to Creo 2 ParametricM090 at the end of the month.

Erik

Erik,

I ran the DPPO on some Precision 3600s. It actually turned off processor cores. I had to go and undo it to get all my cores back. I never ran any benchmarks though to see if it actually helped or not. I never checked on why they did that. I had contacted Dell about the DPPO and what it was changing and they couldn't share that information, which is understandable. This was early last year. I don't know if they have updated it since then so it doesn't turn off the cores or not. I have stayed away from it since then.

Sincerely,

Brian Toussaint
CAD Administrator

Hoshizaki America, Inc.
"A Superior Degree Of Reliability"
618 Hwy. 74 S., Peachtree City, GA 30269
Top Tags