cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

OLD Spaceball on new XP 64 bit system looses settings between windows...

PAULKORENKIEWIC
1-Newbie

OLD Spaceball on new XP 64 bit system looses settings between windows...

I have an old Spaceball 3003 FLX running on XP Pro 64 bit system using a driver that I've had for quite some time. The driver is a 3DConnexion 3DxWare Version 3.2.0 build 5, firmware version 2.62. The spaceball works just fine but the sensitivity default is 50, and I would much rather have it at 100. The problem is that everytime I change windows it switches back to the default. I've tried saving a profile with the sensitivity set to my preference, but it doesn't fix the problem.

Anyone seen this? Anyone have a fix? Anyone have a "newer" driver for this Spaceball? In the past, I've tried using the drivers that were available from 3DConnexion, but none worked. The driver I did find was via an individual who was kind enough to archive it.

I'm at a loss as to why this problem cropped up now; other than the 64 bit change, everything else is essentially the same as I've used for more than 15 years. Maybe it's time to buy something new? On that subject; what are the alternatives? $300 for a new space explorer seems bad. I've tried (still have in fact) the Space Navigator but didn't really like it. Guess I could try again... but I'm wondering if someone knows what model spaceball has specific 64 bit XP drivers?

thanks in advance...

Paul Korenkiewicz

FEV Engine Technology

www.fev-et.com

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags