cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Printer Configuration - Saving Settings

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Printer Configuration - Saving Settings

I typically print everything to "A" size paper. I received some drawings in from a vendor and they are set to "C" size. Is there a way to change and save this setting on the drawings received. Typically I forget to change them the first couple of printings and then realize that I cannot just zip through printing things out like I normally do.

Thanks, Dale

printer_config.jpg

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Dale,

if you want to print on A size paper evry time, then you can create your own printer configuration.

Simply set required options in Printer Configuration dialog box and the click Save button.

Give the file a specific name and save it into Creo 2.0\Common Files\Mxxx\text\plot_config. In this directory you can find system printer configuration file (you can look into them for an inspiration).

Edit your pcf file - modify information in button_name and button_help lines to distinguish your configuration from others. Check the option related to page size.

Restart Creo.

Now you can select your printer configuration in Print dialog box, manually. Also you can put plotter_command option in your config.pro file and set your printer configuration as default.

---

Try to create your printer configuration and use it. I can help you to solve problems, if you need it. Send me your printer configuration and tell me whats wrong. I'll try to resolve the problem.

Good luck

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Top Tags