cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

ProE Wildfire 5 on Thinkpad T510 & Windows 7 Prof (64bit

ptc-3254239
1-Newbie

ProE Wildfire 5 on Thinkpad T510 & Windows 7 Prof (64bit

Hi there, I'm trying to install Wildfire 5 in my Lenovo Thinkad T510 but cant run the setup.exe. I tried the 64 and the 32bit version of proEngineer, both fail to load the setup program. I tired all the compatibility options, nothing changed. My spec: Thinkpad T510 Intel Core I7 4Gb RAM Nvidia NVS 3100M Windows 7 Professional 64bit Is it possible that WF5 isn´t compatible with IBM Thinkpads at all? Can anyone help me?
8 REPLIES 8

May be windows 7 isn't compatible with the WF5, can you change the OS to XP?

already tried to change the OS to all possible verion of windows but it doesnt work.

"Julian Kluge" wrote:

already tried to change the OS to all possible version of windows but it doesn't work.

Did you usr WF5 Datecode M030 during your installation. I think that would do the trick

I have the same Laptop and I finally got it to run. If it is the same problem I ran into, it's not the Laptop. Take a look at the License file. I found that when PTC sent me the new license file for WF5.0, the file was missing two line items. The line items are directly below the "START: License File for HOST ID (MAC ADDRESS). The lines contain the information about the SERVER_HOSTNAME... and DAEMON ptc_d __PTCD_PATH__. You can get the full text info from your old license file and paste directly to the new one. See if that works. If not, I would call Tech Support. Good luck.

"Luca Nicoli" wrote:

I have the same Laptop and I finally got it to run. If it is the same problem I ran into, it's not the Laptop. Take a look at the License file. I found that when PTC sent me the new license file for WF5.0, the file was missing two line items. The line items are directly below the "START: License File for HOST ID (MAC ADDRESS). The lines contain the information about the SERVER_HOSTNAME... and DAEMON ptc_d __PTCD_PATH__. You can get the full text info from your old license file and paste directly to the new one. See if that works. If not, I would call Tech Support. Good luck.

mhanak2
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-3254239)

Julian, I suggest you to contact your vendor. I expect some company must support your university installation. Martin

Julian, Sorry i was talking about the commecial version of proe. WF5 M030 is a maintenance release after the production release of WF5. However, for the commercial version, Datecode M010 is the initial release which supports Windows 7. Maybe its different for the student version. If you say you need a license server in order for you to setup, maybe you need to install proe while connected to a server with a license, example your university where you got the CD.(Just a thought) johnleo
Top Tags