cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Publish Geometry on pre-select

GrahameWard
5-Regular Member

Publish Geometry on pre-select

This is not a huge problem, more like a minor annoyance (however they do add up...)

If I'm right-clicking through features to get to the one I want to edit, it always goes to publish geometry first. If I have 5 Publish Geometry features it will click through every one under my cursor before it goes on to other features like extrude, etc.

Why does ProE put them first on the pre-selection priority list? My "publish geometry" features are usually in a footer and when I want to edit their definition I select them through the tree. I don't tend to edit them as often as regular features like extrude, etc. I would have thought that was not unusual.

It doesn't matter if I hide the feature; it doesn't matter if I put the feature on a layer and hide the layer, it still shows up in pre-select. (This would not happen if for example it was a datum plane.) Does anyone know any way I can take them out of pre-selection? I'm not looking for a work around, I'm looking for way to ensure they do not show up in my preselection. Perhaps a config.pro selection.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
GrahameWard
5-Regular Member
(To:GrahameWard)

So, nobody else finds this a problem?

Top Tags