cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Publishing of secondary attachments

cadjett
1-Newbie

Hello WVS lovers. I need your expertise.

I really don't have in depth knowledge in the WVS area, so I am here.

I am on contract to help a client, so this is their wvs configuration, so I don't know how they are configured.

They are only using a office/doc worker. They publish docs to pdfs. Some of those Primary docs have
attachments.

The problem they/we are having is that through the publishing scheduler, when I publish whole containers,
its actually publishing the Secondary attachments to PDF's.

Is it supposed to do that? It is allowed to do that? Where can that be functional?

Now they are using a watermark tool (OOTB of customized).

But somehow, sporadically the publisher somehow chooses the one of the secondary attachments at the default
representation, so when they select the "View in ProductView" button/icon, the pdf of the secondary/attachment
PDF pops up. Instead of the watermark PDF.

Yes I said sporadically, because it sometimes actually chooses the watermark PDF as the default representation.

The way we are resolving is 1 of 2 routes:

1) delete existing representations & manually republish (not through scheduler).
2) change default representation from wrong attachment pdf, to watermark pdf.

Problem there is that there are at least 5K of these improperly published defaults
& it would take way too long to do this manually &/or not really logical.

Even if it was a push to manually republish these, its been hard to write sql or code to
find which docs have their secondary attachments as default. We have working sql, but
it spits out which attachments are default, but it also reports the watermarks are default also at times.

So there seems to be no way to find the exact list of bad publish jobs.

Questions:

Should it ever publish the secondary attachments?
Are there wvs properties that control that?
That can be set to something else to make sure the attachments are not published.

We contacted ptc & they said there is no current route to keep the scheduler from publishing attachments
&/or setting them as default representation.

Then if no one knows the route to NOT publish secondary attachments, what sql/code can actually
point to the non watermark PDF representation?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

L Jett
datajett@aol.com, cadjett@aol.com

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Found a system that gave this for secondary publishing:

xconfmanager -d publish.service.filterdocumentpublishmethod

Property information for 'publish.service.filterdocumentpublishmethod':
Values:
- com.ptc.ssp.se.components.signeddoc.StandardSignedDocLinkService/doNotPublishSecondaryContent
Locations:
- file:/ptc/Windchill_9.1/Windchill/codebase/wvs.properties.xconf, line 925
- file:/ptc/Windchill_9.1/Windchill/codebase/ext/xxxx/xxxx.xconf, line 71
Target File(s):
- /ptc/Windchill_9.1/Windchill/codebase/wvs.properties

xxxx used to hide client info.

method shows as:

public static Boolean doNotPublishSecondaryContent(WTDocument doc, ContentItem ci)
{
if(ci.getRole() != null && ci.getRole().equals(ContentRoleType.SECONDARY))
return Boolean.FALSE;
else
return Boolean.TRUE;
}

I dont know if it has to be set as service or what, but its not working.

L Jett

Top Tags