cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Recommended Client Hardware for Creo 7 NC programming

SS_10502783
3-Visitor

Recommended Client Hardware for Creo 7 NC programming

Hi, I am currently planning the transition to the latest Creo version for our NC programmers. With that we need to update our client hardware. Since I am not that familiar with Creo I was hoping somebody could give me some insights on the recommended hardware for our clients.

e.g.

- Intel i5 or Intel i7 CPU?

- How much RAM is enough RAM (32GB)?

- Do I need a dedicated GPU, if so is a T600 4GB sufficient or should I go for T1000 8GB?

Thank you very much for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Quote (for Creo Parametric 7.0 ) "PTC currently don't do an extensive hardware testing using specific processors vs cores for gouge checking in Manufacturing module. It is out of the scope of our testing".

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi Vladimir,

thank you very much for your reply, but I am actually looking for more detailed hardware recommendations (not requirements).

Kind regards 

Quote (for Creo Parametric 7.0 ) "PTC currently don't do an extensive hardware testing using specific processors vs cores for gouge checking in Manufacturing module. It is out of the scope of our testing".

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:SS_10502783)

Go for the fastest processor you can justify. Doesn't need a lot of cores as Creo is not multi-threaded.

32 or 64 GB for memory, depending on how large the objects are that you are machining. for single part files, you won't need much but if machining large assemblies you will need more.

Graphics cards I always prefer Nvidia cards, get one that has a fast refresh rate to display the cutter paths.

Thanks Ben, that helps alot!

Top Tags