cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Removing GD&T advisor from parts

djacobsma
6-Contributor

Removing GD&T advisor from parts

Does anyone know how to remove GD&T Advisor from parts?  We used advisor for a little while and had nothing but issues with it and now we have parts out there that have GD&T applied with GD&T advisor and can not fix issues we are having.  Every time we try to open GD&T advisor on these parts we receive a fatal error and are unable to edit any GD&T this is a huge issue any help would be appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
remy
21-Topaz I
(To:djacobsma)

very curious.

are you allowed to share a sample model?

djacobsma
6-Contributor
(To:remy)

Unfortunately I can not at this time. I will try to create a dummy part at a later date and upload it as it seems to be a recurring issue with GD&T Advisor. 

remy
21-Topaz I

Thank you indeed for your effort.

I have an internal information that tells that GDT items must be removed with GD&T Advisor indeed.

but a model would help to judge on evidence.

djacobsma
6-Contributor
(To:remy)

I was able to remove the datums and parameters created by GD&T advisor and then create the new GD&T annotations in CREO on the part to get by now, it causes GD&T advisor to fail if you try to use it, but we have stopped using it for now so it is not a problem other than the "land mine" it creates in that model.

remy
21-Topaz I

thank you for your reply.

The issue is more acute than it seems.

I recomment you file a case so that one of our colleague can report it.

Top Tags