cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Revolve in Creo

RonSt.Pierre
11-Garnet

Revolve in Creo

Question, Creo 2 M100

Did the axis generation get removed when doing a revolve feature?

I do get an axis when I create a revolve as an offset from a plane in the sketch.

When I use the sketch planes, I do not get the axis, no matter how many "concentrics" i generate (like a collapsible telescope)

Is this new in Creo or did I miss/do a config option?

Ron

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:RonSt.Pierre)

What you mentioned is what happens. If an axis exists, it doesn't create a new one. If you want a new one that is tied to that feature for some reason, just create a slight offset, finish the feature and then go back in and change the offset to 0. The axis will remain.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
StephenW
23-Emerald II

I don't think there has been a change in this. I'm a little confused as to exactly what you are doing though so you might want to clarify. Just to check, I revolved a feature using an existing axis as centerline and then also a sketched axis as centerline and both generated a new axis for the revolve feature.

revolve.jpg

My template has default datums, axi, and csys defined.

first feature is a revolve, front plane selected as sketch, top as reference, orientation:top.

first, I lay in a centerline for rotation axis across top reference plane and let it auto align (default axi are hidden)

I sketch a rectangle, one edge auto aligns to right plane and the other auto aligns to top plane (dont care about dimensions at this time)

ok the revolve, get my solid but no axi generated.

now, i did some further investigation and came across a statement somewhere that said if there was an axis already present, pro will not generate another and will continue to use the pre-existing axis.

This seems to follow suit as I do have pre-defined base axes.  Just trying to understand it, one way or the other.

ron

Chris3
20-Turquoise

What you mentioned is what happens. If an axis exists, it doesn't create a new one. If you want a new one that is tied to that feature for some reason, just create a slight offset, finish the feature and then go back in and change the offset to 0. The axis will remain.

Thanks Chris for the clarification.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:Chris3)

Ahhh yes, I forgot that. When I tested, I sketched the centerline first and that generated the axis. Then I edited that feature, to remove the sketched centerline and selected my default centerline. It still creates the new axis in that case. Not a good workaround but a workaround nonetheless.

Top Tags