cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

SUMMARY: Agile Software

TerryMcFall
1-Newbie

SUMMARY: Agile Software

Quality response in a matter of minutes... I don't think there's another support community as good as PTC/User.

Here are a summary of what I've received so far:

ORIGINAL QUESTION:
How well does Agile vault ProE files? Checkin, checkout, promotions, sharing data overseas, etc.

RESPONSE:
We use Agile for our PLM, but not PDM. We currently use Intralink to manage our Pro/e data and are in the process of going to PDMLink. I believe one of the main drawbacks to Agile when we looked at it for Cad data management was it can't do family tables at all. The other selling point for us on PDMLink is that with a work group manager it can also control our SolidWorks files. We currently use PDMWorks for SW, but it doesn't work that great. The long term plan for us is to have one tool that will manage both CAD packages. We'll still have to use Agile for our doc control as MFG uses agile, but we are working to implement hooks that will work between Agile and PDMLink.

There may have been other reasons not to use Agile but the one that stands out to me is the family table issue.

PTC recently pulled support from TeamCenter (I think that was it) so now you can't manage Pro/e Files with teamcenter. This was another concern with going with a third party to manage the files, will PTC pull the support and we'd have to start from scratch. I could be wrong with TeamCenter, but it was one of the players.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: PTC Control Center and Creo+ Portal

Top Tags