15. Install OSA, ORACLE and data server [dba - 90 mins]
16. Before importing turn off log archive mode in Oracle when done turn it back [dba]
17. Run ilink_import [dba]
18. Run ilink_patches [dba]
19. Install client and test. [cad]
Error I was getting that is described below was related to corrupted installation CDs. Solved by recopy of all installation binaries.
a). I haven't installed M062 dataserver however I did install M060 dataserver on Solaris 10 without problems. I had java 1.6, set the path as /opt/ptc/dataserver/osia for the install directory, and installed as the oracle user.
b). I have M060 data servers running on Solaris 10 in zones. It is possible.
c). I upgraded/migrated from Ilink 3.4 M050 to Ilink 3.4 M060.
Basically upgrading to Ilink 3.4 M060 is 6 basic steps:
1. create ilink dump file of existing install 2. shutdown existing install and backup 3. remove/rename old install (assuming you are installing on the same
4. install M060 as new install
5. import dump file
6. run ilink_patches
d). You must have all pre-reqs, but we had several things that kill us on our HP-UX upgrade from M011 to m012.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.