cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Server not found

nchaminda
1-Newbie

Server not found

I have another problem in our office Pisa.

We have 6 computers running in the office and they are connnected to linux server. this Linux server configured as a domain controller.

A windows client is configured as a PTC license server.

When I try to open PTC Creo, I received

License request fail for feature

Requesting PROE_FoundationAdv_

7788@pc-gianfranco: (-96) License server machine is down or not responding.

I checked the pc-gianfranco the PTC license server.

It is running in the service.

But i cannot find why this happend to the all clients.

thanks,

Nirosh.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nirosh,

This seems to be more or communication issue as you confirmed that license server is up and running. You may try setting exceptions in firewall for port 7788, licensing executables lmgrd.exe or lmadmin.exe and ptc_d.exe

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Nirosh,

This seems to be more or communication issue as you confirmed that license server is up and running. You may try setting exceptions in firewall for port 7788, licensing executables lmgrd.exe or lmadmin.exe and ptc_d.exe

Nirosh,

before you start defining firewall exceptions, turn windows firewall off temporarily (on Windows license server machine). This test tells you whether the firewall is the source of the problem.

MH

Martin Hanák

Ok. Everything is ok with the firewall setting. I set a new port as incoming and outgoing 7788. then the clients are able to find the server. thanks for the help.

regards,

Nirosh.

Nirosh,

according to my experience, it is enough to create incoming rule. Outcoming rule is not necessary.

Martin Hanák

Agree MartinHanak Disabling Firewall prior making any changes was a god option. Thank you.

Top Tags