cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Solution to Creo 2 Prehighlighting & Selection Problem?

kdavies
2-Guest

Solution to Creo 2 Prehighlighting & Selection Problem?

Creo 2 installed on a Dell 5810 workstation and Quadro K4200 video card has pre-highlighting and selection problem. Once a feature pre-highlights, the only way to un-highlight is to use the repaint command (control + R keyboard shortcut).  Since any mouse movement causes a pre-highlight, the display quickly becomes unusable and in constant need of repaint.  Only way I have found to deal with the problem is to turn pre-highlighting off.  Even then, it takes both hands to constantly repaint and keep the screen usable.  Has anyone found a different solution?

Creo 3 does not have the problem, so it appears to be totally a Creo 2 software problem.

11 REPLIES 11
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:kdavies)

Sounds like a driver issue. Are you using the PTC approved driver?

http://support.ptc.com/WCMS/files/162683/en/dell_creo3.pdf

Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:Chris3)

I accidentally linked to the Creo 3 requirements, but they are the same for Creo 2 for your machine.

http://support.ptc.com/WCMS/files/138215/en/dell_creo2.pdf

Chris,

I installed the recommended driver and everything seemed to work correctly for a short time (an hour and long enough for me to respond the problem as solved).

But I am back to the same original problem.  This is very strange that the problem returned after it seemed to be solved.

I don't think anything changed.  Not sure what to do now.

On occassion I have found the same issue without prehighlight enabled using a Quadro FX 1800

Hello Kim,

If you turn pre-highlighting off from: File > Options > Selection > Enable preselection highlighting (clear checkbox), does that make the display more stable?

- Jim

This does not seem to make any difference.

Pre-highlighting problem partially solved.

I have discovered Creo2 does not like our company config.pro file.  It is causing the trouble.  Not sure what option is so disliked, but will post the specifics when I have investigated more thoroughly.  The company config.pro needs updating, so this issue is forcing the update.

Hey Kim,

I too have had this issue with some new workstations. The graphics cards are NVIDIA Quadro FX K4200. I have tried multiple drivers with no luck. I look forward to hearing if you found a solution or work around.

Buddy Hudson

Update.  I have spent several hours with various options of the config.pro and it is definitely the problem.  I still have not identified which option or options are the culprits.  Some changes seem to fix the problem temporarily.  I often do not power my computer down for the work week and have Creo running continuously.  I will think I know what option is the offender, only to come back and find the problem is at least partially back.  I have now stripped down the config.pro file to a bare minimum (eliminating any options relating to display) and will add back in options at a slow pace.  I suspect it has to do with one of our mapkeys or functions.

Kim,

Did you ever get a resolution or make any additional progress on this issue?

Thanks

Buddy Hudson

Hi folks,

I encountered on the same problem. I researched a bit and this is what I found:

- it's a windows problem - probably windows aero related

- change windows theme (RMB on desktop, personalize) to basic and give it a try in Creo

- if it is still not working, go under computer properties, advanced, performance settings and enable, adjust for best performance and windows will disable effext like tranparent windows, taskbar, etc. Then try again in Creo

- lastly, go under cmd ant type in net stop uxsms (later you can easily enable it back with net start uxsms)

Hope I helped to someone

Regards,

Bojan

Top Tags