cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Startup Problems

ptc-2804594
1-Newbie

Startup Problems

Since installing PE2 I have only been able to get the program to run once, and that was immediately following installation. Since then the program stalls at 'Finished initializing am_presel_util'. I have read through the forums and tried reinstalling the graphics driver in VGA mode and adding the 'SDPIXELFORMAT' enviroment variable and changed from network to local printers, but the program will not run. I now have further problems whereby the program will not reinstall or uninstall, but hangs during both operations. Any ideas? PC - HP DC7800P Graphics - Intel GMA3100 with Q35 chipset OS - WinXP Thanks, Richard.

5 REPLIES 5

I found a solution to the problems I was having. It appears that McAfee Enterpise v8.0i is crashing PE2 during startup and when trying to install/reinstall/uninstall etc. With McAfee on-access scanner is disabled PE2 installs in seconds and works perfectly, no hangups with Intel graphics driver etc. Regards, Richard.
Not applicable
(To:ptc-2804594)

Interesting - thanks for sharing this with the forum! I'm using McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.5i on my systems, with no apparent issues in Modeling PE.
ptc-2804594
1-Newbie
(To:)

It may just be the way Enterprise is configured in our office. I have tried amending some of the default scanning options to exclude the CoCreate directory and subfolders, but the program simply overwrites any changes I make. It's easier just to disable the on-access scanner, launch PE2, then re-enable the scanner. I did notice another item when viewing the log file, although the program appears to be working properly. This is the last item in the startup log:- 20.0.0.34 08/18/09 13:11:43 - CLSID\{D554F11D-87A2-4145-B6BA-E5219F131092}\: ERR OR - Cannot find registry entry Is this something to worry about? Regards, Richard.
Not applicable
(To:ptc-2804594)

The warning can be ignored. It indicates that Modeling PE hasn't registered itself as a COM server - this functionality is not available in the free version. Claus
ptc-2804594
1-Newbie
(To:)

Thank you for your reply Claus. Regards, Richard.
Top Tags