cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Startup desktop icon verses Win 10 start menu icon

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Startup desktop icon verses Win 10 start menu icon

When I open up Creo 4.0 M060 with the desktop icon, my config files load properly, but when I use the start menu icon they do not.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Dale_Rosema)

Yesterday I ran into this and this is the solution I found:

You have to set the start in directory for both the desktop icon and the start bar icon. For the desktop icon, right-click properties then paste/type the path for the start-in directory. For the start menu icon, right-click more, click open file location, then right-click properties on the shortcut in the folder and paste/type in the path for the start-in directory. Now they should both work the same.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Dale_Rosema)

Yesterday I ran into this and this is the solution I found:

You have to set the start in directory for both the desktop icon and the start bar icon. For the desktop icon, right-click properties then paste/type the path for the start-in directory. For the start menu icon, right-click more, click open file location, then right-click properties on the shortcut in the folder and paste/type in the path for the start-in directory. Now they should both work the same.

Top Tags