cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Stereo for Creo

ptc-5340083
1-Newbie

Stereo for Creo

I was trying to run Creo in 3d stereo, does Creo has native support for stereo? I can't find that so I was trying 3rd party software to do so, but I don't know if Creo uses OpenGL or DirectX for rendering. I think proe wildfire 4.0 uses OpenGL, what about the new ones? Please any help will be welcome.

Thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Pramit Modi wrote:

I was trying to run Creo in 3d stereo, does Creo has native support for stereo?

Nope, there is no support for 3D in any version of Creo.

I can't find that so I was trying 3rd party software to do so, but I don't know if Creo uses OpenGL or DirectX for rendering. I think proe wildfire 4.0 uses OpenGL, what about the new ones?

By default all ProE and Creo parametric version use openGL as their default renderer. You can use graphics option in config.pro to change the rendering engine to DirectX10 (set the option to d3d), but this setting is available starting from Creo Elements/Pro 5.0 (former ProE Wildfire 5.0) and also requires at least Windows Vista, because of DX10.

Hi Pramit, hi Lukasz

Creo can be enabled to work in Stereo3D - in very many 3D Stereo output modes, including 3D Monitors, 3D TV's and even 3D Projetion. Simply use the universal 3D Stereo Plugin Software moreStereo3D by the German company more3D. There's a detailed video guide available http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-7i3lBXS7M

Kind regards

Stefan

Thanks for your reply, it seems it will work, but I was thinking maybe Creo provides this feature, that software is too costly to pay.

Top Tags