cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

System Not Reading start_model_dir from Mapped network drive

ptc-287736
3-Visitor

System Not Reading start_model_dir from Mapped network drive

Configuring Creo 8.0.8.0 along with IPEM 13.0.3. I'm using a mapped network drive (eg Y:\start_models) to store our start files for all users to access. The line is set properly in the config.pro file & when I launch IPEM/Creo the logs say it read the config.pro, but when I start a new file I'm still getting the default OOTB start files in the File New dialog.

Anyone else experienced that?

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I've learned through the years to use absolute network paths to things rather than the mapped drive specifications. Mostly because I found that different users had the drives mapped to a variety of possible letters (one is "Q:", another is "S:", yet another is "R:").

Thus, any path specifications I make in my config.pro are of the format:

\\network-drive\dir1\dir2

This way if someone copies my config.pro to use for a new setup, the paths specified will always work.

Maybe this is the trouble you're having, or maybe the mapped drives are not being correctly interpreted by IPEM? I guess it's worth a try?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:ptc-287736)

When in Creo, what does the config.pro option show for template_solidpart?

BenLoosli_0-1697652523941.png

I am using a shared network drive for our start parts.

I've learned through the years to use absolute network paths to things rather than the mapped drive specifications. Mostly because I found that different users had the drives mapped to a variety of possible letters (one is "Q:", another is "S:", yet another is "R:").

Thus, any path specifications I make in my config.pro are of the format:

\\network-drive\dir1\dir2

This way if someone copies my config.pro to use for a new setup, the paths specified will always work.

Maybe this is the trouble you're having, or maybe the mapped drives are not being correctly interpreted by IPEM? I guess it's worth a try?

I tested this solution & it worked quite well so far.

Thank You for the suggestion.

@ptc-287736 wrote:

Configuring Creo 8.0.8.0 along with IPEM 13.0.3. I'm using a mapped network drive (eg Y:\start_models) to store our start files for all users to access. The line is set properly in the config.pro file & when I launch IPEM/Creo the logs say it read the config.pro, but when I start a new file I'm still getting the default OOTB start files in the File New dialog.

Anyone else experienced that?

Thanks

Hi,

you can check whether Creo knows Y: drive.

• start Creo
  • open Utilities group available on Home tab and use Open System Window command
  • run cd /D Y:\start_models command
  • if command is executed successfully then you can run dir command to see directory contents
  • if command fails then Creo does not know Y: drive

Martin Hanák
Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: PTC Control Center and Creo+ Portal

Top Tags