cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

System Not Reading start_model_dir from Mapped network drive

ptc-287736
3-Visitor

System Not Reading start_model_dir from Mapped network drive

Configuring Creo 8.0.8.0 along with IPEM 13.0.3. I'm using a mapped network drive (eg Y:\start_models) to store our start files for all users to access. The line is set properly in the config.pro file & when I launch IPEM/Creo the logs say it read the config.pro, but when I start a new file I'm still getting the default OOTB start files in the File New dialog.

Anyone else experienced that?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I've learned through the years to use absolute network paths to things rather than the mapped drive specifications. Mostly because I found that different users had the drives mapped to a variety of possible letters (one is "Q:", another is "S:", yet another is "R:").

Thus, any path specifications I make in my config.pro are of the format:

\\network-drive\dir1\dir2

This way if someone copies my config.pro to use for a new setup, the paths specified will always work.

Maybe this is the trouble you're having, or maybe the mapped drives are not being correctly interpreted by IPEM? I guess it's worth a try?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:ptc-287736)

When in Creo, what does the config.pro option show for template_solidpart?

BenLoosli_0-1697652523941.png

I am using a shared network drive for our start parts.

I've learned through the years to use absolute network paths to things rather than the mapped drive specifications. Mostly because I found that different users had the drives mapped to a variety of possible letters (one is "Q:", another is "S:", yet another is "R:").

Thus, any path specifications I make in my config.pro are of the format:

\\network-drive\dir1\dir2

This way if someone copies my config.pro to use for a new setup, the paths specified will always work.

Maybe this is the trouble you're having, or maybe the mapped drives are not being correctly interpreted by IPEM? I guess it's worth a try?

I tested this solution & it worked quite well so far.

Thank You for the suggestion.

@ptc-287736 wrote:

Configuring Creo 8.0.8.0 along with IPEM 13.0.3. I'm using a mapped network drive (eg Y:\start_models) to store our start files for all users to access. The line is set properly in the config.pro file & when I launch IPEM/Creo the logs say it read the config.pro, but when I start a new file I'm still getting the default OOTB start files in the File New dialog.

Anyone else experienced that?

Thanks

Hi,

you can check whether Creo knows Y: drive.

• start Creo
  • open Utilities group available on Home tab and use Open System Window command
  • run cd /D Y:\start_models command
  • if command is executed successfully then you can run dir command to see directory contents
  • if command fails then Creo does not know Y: drive

Martin Hanák
Top Tags