cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Trail Files

ptc-944906
1-Newbie

Trail Files

Does anyone have any tips on how to use trail files to recover from a crash. How do you know where to edit the file to keep it from crashing again. Is there a way to pause the playback and save your work? I am working with Pro/E Wildfire 4.0 Thanks, Brian
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Usually it is the last command that causes the crash. That is the one you need to remove. Also you can set trail_single_step to yes. Then you can run the trail file one step at a time by hitting carriage returns.
cdiaz-2
11-Garnet
(To:WayneN)

i have never had any success with trail files. i hope u have better luck than me. my thing is save allot and save often... lol Carlos
Top Tags