cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Trial file open

G.senthilnathan
1-Newbie

Trial file open

Hi everybody, Good Morning, I need to open old version of trial file.Any one can tel how to do?
5 REPLIES 5

what do you mean by Old version of trail file?

did u try the normal method of renaming the trail file, deleting the last few lines and running it using "play trail file"?

Previous file versions (e.g. part.prt.2 > part.prt.3) can be found in the directory where the file resides. By default, Creo will retrieve the latest version. You can view all versions in the File Open dialog box by selecting Tools > All Versions from within the dialog box.

If you are referring to Trail files, these will not recreate geometry in the sense that I think you are expecting. Trail files are typically used for training purposes (and some customization purposes) but they must first be renamed from within the Windows Explorer.

i'm not able to see the version number of the file (i.e i have part01.prt, part01.prt, part01.prt instead of part01.prt.1, part01.prt.2.....) how can i make my version visible in windows explorer.

also,

in my workstation, file --> open command opens the working directory which i've preselected whereas my pc i've noticed that file --> open opens the last opened directory. how can this be controlled???

Hi Praveen,

Depending on your version of Windows, this can be controller by the Windows Explorer folder option, "Hide extensions for known file types."

For your second question, I suggest you create a separate discussion in the community.

Thank you Clint..i'm able to see the version now...

Top Tags