cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Unicode in .pro files search_path entries doesn't seem to work

Pagzma
6-Contributor

Unicode in .pro files search_path entries doesn't seem to work

Hi.  We have some parts that are in folders with unicode in them. 

 

Creo has no problem opening files that are in unicode folders when we open them directly, but for some reason it is not correctly finding the parts in unicode folders via search_path="<path>" entries in our search.pro file.  (All our other parts are being found just fine.)

 

The unicode is stored in the search.pro file as UTF-8.  Do we need to use a different encoding or perhaps set a parameter in our configuration for this to work correctly?

 

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pagzma
6-Contributor
(To:MartinHanak)

Great idea!  I think it's been a decade since I last used the old 8.3 names.  A little batch script and a one-line addition to parametric.psf updates all our paths every time Creo starts.

 

For anyone else who needs help (obviously change the paths of everything to suit your case):

 

UpdateParts.bat:

del "G:\Creo\search.pro"
for /r "G:\Creo\Parts" /d %%1 in (*.*) do @echo search_path "%%~s1" >> "G:\Creo\search.pro"

 

parametric.psf: (added to end)

RUN="g:\Creo\UpdateParts.bat"

 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
tbraxton
21-Topaz II
(To:Pagzma)

Post some examples of the search paths that are not working. Do any of the search paths have spaces or other "special" characters in the string?

========================================
Involute Development, LLC
Consulting Engineers
Specialists in Creo Parametric
Pagzma
6-Contributor
(To:tbraxton)

Example:

 

search_path="G:\Creo\Parts\McMaster-Carr\Bearings\Ball Bearing Sealed 1∕8”id × 3∕8”od × 5∕32”w - 60355k851"

 

∕  - 0xE2 0x88 0x95

” - 0xE2 0x80 0x9D

× - 0xC3 0x97

 

At the moment we have "Ball Bearing Sealed 1-8''id x 3-8''od x 5-32''w - 60355k851" instead, which works, but we'd like to be able to use unicode if possible.

Hi,

you can use short name instead of real name. See following example.

MartinHanak_0-1643969046513.png

Path using real name ... C:\Users\mh\test\ěščřžýáíé

Path using short name ... C:\Users\mh\test\5D01~1

 


Martin Hanák
Pagzma
6-Contributor
(To:MartinHanak)

Great idea!  I think it's been a decade since I last used the old 8.3 names.  A little batch script and a one-line addition to parametric.psf updates all our paths every time Creo starts.

 

For anyone else who needs help (obviously change the paths of everything to suit your case):

 

UpdateParts.bat:

del "G:\Creo\search.pro"
for /r "G:\Creo\Parts" /d %%1 in (*.*) do @echo search_path "%%~s1" >> "G:\Creo\search.pro"

 

parametric.psf: (added to end)

RUN="g:\Creo\UpdateParts.bat"

 

KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:Pagzma)

A rule that I learned after a similar experience is to always put all paths in the search.pro in quotes.

 

\\server\directory\big customer is interpreted as \\server\directory\big because of the space. The path parser stops when it hits a white space like that.

"\\server\directory\big customer" is interpreted correctly.

 

We have some folks working here who seem like very long directory names.

 

Top Tags