cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

User defined piping parameters.

ptc-4975748
1-Newbie

User defined piping parameters.

Hi,

I working with Pro/Piping and stuck on parameters of pipe solid (spec driven). Usualy on command "create pipe solid", creo gets info from ptd files of pipe,pipe_thk, pipe_od and adds automaticaly to created solid standard parameters. But I need to add automaticaly couple other parameters. Two days i search way to do that.My last hope is config.pro option "aec_parameter_file". Description of this option is "Specifies the file name of the user defined piping

parameter codes". But no description how this file must look and structure of creation.

So please someone explain me this or point me to a better way.

Thank you for any good sugestion.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Hi Aleksandras...

I'm not sure what parameters you want or what you're trying to do with them so excuse me if this is too simplistic of an answer for your situation. But, if you just need the parameters added to the solid pipes, why not add them to the template (start part) file? That way they'll always exist in your solid pipes.

If you're trying to add a parameter that's driven from dimensions or characteristics of the pipe itself, please let me know. There are some ways you could try depending upon what dimensions or characteristics you're after.

Thanks!

-Brian

Hi,

First sorry for my not perfect english.

I know about add parameters to start part (problem:they will remain not changed after pipe solid creation). So that wy I need that driven parameter. Ceaate driven by dimension parameter is simple, is just write one relation. For couple diferent parameter values also can be writen realtion with "if" statments.

I need driven from outside or by some table. For example: pipe gets "od" ant "thickness" from ptd files in master catalog folder and I need same way add string parameter. .My parameter value depends on other pipe parameters (like od, thicknes,..etc). So it is a lot of diferent values. Thats why add parameter to start part or write relation is not what i need.

just in case: my parameter value is not combination of other parameter values, it just depends from other parameters.

Thanks for quick answer before and i hope next one

Top Tags