cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Using a Remote Desktop Connection

razmosis
11-Garnet

Using a Remote Desktop Connection

I recently had help from IT to set up a remote desktop connection to my workstation. I was hoping that I could use this connection to troubleshoot manufacturing issues as they come up on 2nd and 3rd shifts. Unfortunately, Creo displays an "uncounted" license request error when I use it. I was told by IT that this may be because my workstation is set up to allow me the capability of opening multiple sessions of Creo when I am at work.

Has anyone else had any luck with this sort of situation?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Matt,

if you can launch unlimited number of sessions using your license, then you have NODE LOCKED license. This kind of license enables user to launch Creo on single PC, only.

I am almost sure that NODE LOCKED license cannot be launched in Remote Session. You need FLOATING license for this purpose.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Matt,

we use Teamviewer (www.teamviewer.com) to see remote desktop. It works well.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

We use GoToMyPC and it works fine as well.

Is your Creo license set up to allow you multiple sessions simultaneously at your workstation? I was told that is the problem with mine, but don't want to give up that capability. If yours is working that way, it might pay for us to look into one of those options.

Thanks

Matt,

if you can launch unlimited number of sessions using your license, then you have NODE LOCKED license. This kind of license enables user to launch Creo on single PC, only.

I am almost sure that NODE LOCKED license cannot be launched in Remote Session. You need FLOATING license for this purpose.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Martin,

You are correct, the license is node locked. In my situation, the benefits of being able to open multiple sessions outweighs the benefit that having a floating license and being able to use a RDC. I was hoping that there was a way, but it doesn't appear there is for now.

Thanks

Matt

ptc-6809661
4-Participant
(To:razmosis)

Is it possible to have a node lock license reconfigured to allow remote desktop working, even if it means not being able to open multiple sessions on one machine and without the expense of converting them to floating licenses?

@ptc-6809661

Node Lock licenses will work on specific machine, it will report error about accessing license remotely via terminal services (Remote Desktop)

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:Mahesh_Sharma)

People should be able to get around this restriction by using TeamViewer, Go To My PC, or any other remote PC viewing application (other than Windows built-in 'Remote Desktop' application.)

Top Tags