cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Video Card Discussion - Nvidia Quadro 6000 vs Nvidia Quadro K5000

ptc-219729
1-Newbie

Video Card Discussion - Nvidia Quadro 6000 vs Nvidia Quadro K5000

Hello everyone. I'm looking for some info as to which video card to select for a new Dell T7600 build. I would be running both Creo 2.0 and WF4. Options are Quadro 6000 or K5000. Does anyone have experience with either and / or any benchmarks with these cards. Thanks.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

I cannot help you directly but i have a few things to look for...

1st of all, there is an improved hardware transparency feature out there and you might look at what supports this for rendering.

2nd, use the Dell drivers. I have had serious issues with my Dell Precision laptop that uses the M3000 Quadro. NVidia drivers simply don't work! Dell does something to their systems to maintain comparability, but they lag far behind NVidia in releases

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:ptc-219729)

You might look at Olaf Cortens OCUS benchmark for pro/e at www.proesite.com. I remember when I last tested video cards about 2 years ago, we couldn't find much difference in performance between the quadro 2000, 4000, and 5000 on Wildfire 4. But, I was told that Creo 2 was able to take advantage of the higher end cards performance where WF4 was not. A computer builder (Gruman Creations) contacted me directly and said he had run the benchmark on creo 2 and had personally seen the high end card perform significantly better on creo 2.

I had the luxury at that time to be able to test the 3 video cards in the same computer. We are currently specifying the Quadro 4000's in our new buys for our HP workstations. I doubt any internal benchmarking has been done on them lately so we may be able to improve our performance on creo 2 with an upgrade but no one has tested it yet.

Top Tags