cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Warning message on Win7 how to turn off?

davehaigh
11-Garnet

Warning message on Win7 how to turn off?

I have a batch file to startup ProE Wildfire 4.
On my computer and all of my users, it works fine no complaints.

I was configuring a laptop in another division, and we get this warning when running the batch file.
[cid:image001.png@01CD6F33.147D1790]

Obviously there is a setting that thinks it should warn the user about my batch file.

Anyone know how to turn this warning off?

David Haigh
Phone: 925-424-3931
Fax: 925-423-7496
Lawrence Livermore National Lab
7000 East Ave, L-362
Livermore, CA 94550

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Maybe the instructions from http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1248171/how-to-run-a-batch-file-from-a-network-share-in-vista-without-the-warning-dialogwill help you:

1. Open Internet Explorer's Internet Options
2. Click the Security tab
3. Select the "Local Intranet" zone
4. Click the "Sites" Button
5. Click the "Advanced" Button
6. Add the network name of the computer you're running the batch from as follows:

file://computername

This will cause the specified computer to count into the "Local intranet" zone which won't trigger the warning as you have chosen to trust it.

Best regards, Domenic

In Reply to Domenic Laritz:

Maybe the instructions from http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1248171/how-to-run-a-batch-file-from-a-network-share-in-vista-without-the-warning-dialogwill help you:

1. Open Internet Explorer's Internet Options
2. Click the Security tab
3. Select the "Local Intranet" zone
4. Click the "Sites" Button
5. Click the "Advanced" Button
6. Add the network name of the computer you're running the batch from as follows:

file://computername

This will cause the specified computer to count into the "Local intranet" zone which won't trigger the warning as you have chosen to trust it.

Best regards, Domenic

This definately worked for me on windows 7. Was getting similar error with al CAd apps run from a server. Adding the server to the trusted list stopped the message.

Simon Lucas

Top Tags