cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

What is the best way to access Pro Engineer from home PC?

ptc-4410180
1-Newbie

What is the best way to access Pro Engineer from home PC?

Our company recently purchased Creo Parametric.

We are going to need to get on our feet as soon as we can; henceforth it would be very advantageous to familiarize with Pro E away from the pressures of work.

I'd like to ask a question for our group. We have a remote location for the Flexlm license server. What is the best way to access this server when away from our workplace?

In order to access the license we would need to be connected to our work's network. What I am worrying about is that perhaps we would have to actually have our CAD application open within a VPN. This could bog things down considerably if necessary. Is there an easy way to ping to the Flexlm?

1 REPLY 1

I use "logmein" to work remotely from home. I connect from my home computer to my workstation. There's no licensing issues and logmein is free!!! The app basically shares screenshots realtime so all the work is still done on your work pc.

for the paid version you pay $29/yr i think, if you want to print remotely or fileshare from that application, but why not just use email or dropbox or transferbigfiles.com for filesharing?

Your network admin has to enable network access, but it's pretty easy

I have broadband (5Mbps download and 1Mbps upload) at home which is slightly laggy if you have high resolution enabled, but you can dial that back to suit your needs. Highly recommended!!

Top Tags