cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Why this mapkey doesn't work the first time

bliboutet
1-Newbie

Why this mapkey doesn't work the first time

Hi,

I make a mapkey to to "edit position" (in mouse popup menu) on assembly component (see below this message).

This mapkey never work until I make manualy a first time a right clik and edit definition.

Do you know how to correct this problem?

PS: I have the same problem with "select parent" in mouse popup menu.

Mapkey:

mapkey DCONeditdef ~ Timer `UI Desktop` `UI Desktop` `popupMenuRMBTimerCB`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Close `rmb_popup` `PopupMenu`;~ Activate `rmb_popup` `Redefine`;

Config:

Creo 2.0 M190

Thanks for your reply.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
13 REPLIES 13

No sure about what you trying to redefine, instead of recording your mapkey using the right mouse button try recording it with the ribbon

For Selecting parent i have

mapkey asp @MAPKEY_LABELAssembly Select Parent;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `rmb_popup` `Selobj_parent`;

I try to simplified my mapkeys. To select parent I have:

mapkey DCONparent ;~ Timer `UI Desktop` `UI Desktop` `popupMenuRMBTimerCB`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Close `rmb_popup` `PopupMenu`;~ Activate `rmb_popup` `Selobj_parent`;

With my mapkey, I have the same problem, I must make action one time in the model to have possibility to use the mapkey after.

you just need to remove the bloat ->

;~ Timer `UI Desktop` `UI Desktop` `popupMenuRMBTimerCB`; and ~ Close `rmb_popup` `PopupMenu`

I tested with the mapkey bellow, without success. We must make I time the action before the mapkey run.

mapkey DCONparent ~ Activate `rmb_popup` `Selobj_parent`;

mapkey DCONeditdef ~ Activate `rmb_popup` `Redefine`;

jbob
11-Garnet
(To:bliboutet)

I use the same mapkey and it works fine, I use this mapkey so much I have it attached to a function key. I also have in my config.pro

cmdmgr_trail_output yes

mapkey(continued) ~ Timer `UI Desktop` `UI Desktop` `popupMenuRMBTimerCB`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Close `rmb_popup` `PopupMenu`;~ Activate `rmb_popup` `Selobj_parent`;

I've just copied your mapkey into my config, and they work fine.

try setting the option mapkeys_execution to execute_with_feedback and record_mapkey_comment_to_trail to yes (the default value)

to see what's happening

HI, I make the test

This is the log in the message log box of Creo:

27-Apr-16 10:01:01

Showing part 7021052D.  >> Select the part

Mapkey error: Invalid trail file device and component, 'rmb_popup', 'Redefine'. >>Execute mapkey with error

Select any reference for auto type constraining.>>Execute redefine with the RMB with success

Select any reference for auto type constraining.>>Execute mapkey with success

Component redefined successfully.

In fact, just after opening an assembly, the mapkey doesn't work. After execute the action with RMB, the mapkey run. After changing the active model, we must make the action one time with RMB and after the mapkey run.

If you haven't solution, I'll open a case to the PTCSupport.

Tanks

Try to empty your personal config.pro except the mapkeys DCONparent and DCONeditded.

And relaunch Creo

Test is done

I start with just the mapkey in config.pro. This is my message log of creo:

Erreur de macro clavier : Invalid trail file device and component, 'rmb_popup', 'Redefine'. >>Execute mapkey with error

Sélectionner une interface de composant dans l'assemblage pour définir le placement

Redéfinition du composant réussie. >>Execute redefine with RMB - Success

Sélectionner une interface de composant dans l'assemblage pour définir le placement

Redéfinition du composant réussie. >>Execute mapkey with sucess

Bonjour,

est ce que tu peux essayer cette mapkey en remplacement de DCONeditded

mapkey test  ~ Command `ProCmdRedefine`;

pour ce qui est de DCONparent  je n'ai pas de solution en passant par les menus.

Ca ne marche pas non plus.

Je vais ouvrir un appel chez PTC

Encore merci

psobejko
12-Amethyst
(To:bliboutet)

Hi, I have the same mapkey problem when trying to automate commands that are only available in the right-mouse-button menu.

It seems they only work if defined in the same session in which they were recorded, otherwise, they need some kind of a "wake-up" by the way of first right-clicking and making the right-mouse-button menu appear ...

I was wondering if you had a successful resolution of your case with PTC.

Hi, Sorry but we never open a case in the PTC Support. We never switch off our station, so we need to do manually 1 time per week and after the mapkey run correctly.

Best regards.

Top Tags