cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Wildfire 5.0 adjustments

fred_roy
1-Newbie

Wildfire 5.0 adjustments

Hi everyone,

We just switched to WF5 (from WF3) and I have a few questions. I was expecting more questions on the post about how to adjust the look of things on this new version, but I can't find any. Here are a few things I'm trying to do:

• Dashboard position: If I remember correctly, in WF4 it was possible to bring the dashboard and message bar back at the bottom of the screen. Is that still possible in WF5 and if so, how?
  • System color scheme: I adjust my system color scheme to the WF1.0-WF4.0 but every time I restart the software, it reverts back to WF5 scheme. Is there a config.pro line that I can add to change this?
  • Drawing mode icons: I've noticed that the icons in drawing mode are slightly smaller than the icons in part/assembly mode. What that does is, lets say I have 1 drawing and 3 parts opened and I want to close them all, I click four time on my Close Window icon and the fourth time I have to move my mouse slightly or I'll hit the wrong icon. I know I'm being VERY picky here, but is there a way to change the size of the icons?
  • Customize screen in drawing mode: For some unknown reason, I can't seem to modify the icons that show up when I'm in drawing mode. Anyone knows why that would happen?

Thanks for your help,

Fred

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Fred,

Below are my answers.

* Dashboard position: If I remember correctly, in WF4 it was possible to bring the dashboard and message bar back at the bottom of the screen. Is that still possible in WF5 and if so, how?
è It is no longer possible to change the location of the dashboard in Wildfire
5.0. I guess this is an intended change due to a new GUI being used in Detail
mode.

* System
color scheme: I adjust my system color scheme to the WF1.0-WF4.0 but every time
I restart the software, it reverts back to WF5 scheme. Is there a config.pro
line that I can add to change this?
·
è From View, Display Settings, System
Colors, File, Save the system colors file.
Use the config option ‘system_colors_file’
and point to the saved syscol.scl file.

* Drawing mode icons: I've noticed that the icons in drawing mode are slightly smaller than the icons in part/assembly mode. What that does is, lets say I have 1 drawing and 3 parts opened and I want to close them all, I click four time on my Close Window icon and the fourth time I have to move my mouse slightly or I'll hit the wrong icon. I know I'm being VERY picky here, but is there a way to change the size of the icons?
è That’s the default size to accommodate
large number of options. I guess the size cannot be changed. (Not fully sure)

* Customize screen in drawing mode: For some unknown reason, I can't seem to modify the icons that show up when I'm in drawing mode. Anyone knows why that would happen?
è Make sure the settings are saved in
the config.win file which is being read by Pro/ENGINEER when it’s launched.

~Ash..

Top Tags